VA Texas Valley Coastal Bend Health Care System
VA Health Care Center at Harlingen
From East Expressway 83 (North 77), exit Ed Carey Dr in Harlingen, Texas. Make a left turn from the Frontage Rd and head northeast on South Ed Carey Dr. for approximatley 1 mile and make a right turn on South 77 Sunshine Strip. After .3 miles, make a left turn on Treasure Hills Blvd. and then make a right turn on Veterans Drive in about .1 mile. The clinic will be to your left.
From South 77, make a right turn from East Expressway 83/Frontage Rd. onto South Ed Carey Dr. Head northeast on South Ed Carey Dr. for approximatley 1 mile and make a right turn on South 77 Sunshine Strip. After .3 miles, make a left turn on Treasure Hills Blvd. and then make a right turn on Veterans Drive in about .1 mile. The clinic will be to your left.
Facility Map and Wayfinding
- Click here for a Map of the facility.
- Is available free of charge at the multi-level parking garage adjacent to the facility.
- Monday thru Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (Closed on U.S. federal holidays)
- First Friday of every month, 8:00 a.m - 1:00 p.m. and 3:00-4:30 p.m
- Three level center providing Specialty outpatient care & surgical services for Veterans in the Texas Valley Coastal Bend Health Care System area.
- First Floor: Patient Resource Center (Centro de Rescursos), Medical Administration (Administration Medica), MyHealtheVet, Prosthetics/Amputee Clinic (Protesis)
- Second floor: Cardiology (Cardiologia), ENT, Eye Clinic (Clinica de ojos), Gastroenterology (GI - Gastroenterologia), Lab (Laboratorio), Behavioral Health (Salud mental), Orthopedics (Ortoedicos), Physical Medicine & Rehab (Terapia fisica y rehabilitacion), Podiatry (Podologia), Pulmonary (Pulmonar), Rheumatology (Reumatologia), Urology (Urologia), GU Clinic, Infectious Disease (las enfermedades infecciosas), General Surgery (cirugia general), Home Health (includes CCHT, Community Nursing Home, and other Home Health programs), Anesthesia (anestesia), and Dermatology (dermatologia).
- In July 2012, ambulatory surgery procedures began at the HCC.
- Prescriptions: Routine prescriptions processed through the mail or My HealtheVet. Visit our Pharmacy page for details on requesting prescription refills.
- Open Access Scheduling System with the goal to schedule appointments within five to seven days of request.
- Handicapped Accessible: full and easy access for all veterans.
- Personal Care: Highly qualified specialty care providers.
Employee Roster (April 2018)
Chief of Medicine: Dr. Jorge Ortegon
Administrative Officer for Medicine: Gwen Beeley
Assistant Chief for Nursing Services: Rolando Ramos
Operations Administrator: Luis Partida
2601 Veterans Drive
Harlingen, TX 78550
Phone & Fax
Phone: 956-291-9000 Or 855-864-0516
Fax: Not Available
Hours of Operation
Monday thru Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. First Friday of every month, 8:00 a.m - 1:00 p.m., 3-4:30