VA Texas Valley Coastal Bend Health Care System
About the Program
Social Work is an integral part of health care. We help Veterans and their families with problems associated with the stress of an illness.
Social workers help Veterans find resources to meet their needs within VA system and in their community such as:
• Community living
• Home health services
• Legal services
Social work offers counseling:
• To Veterans with drug, alcohol, and emotional problems
• To help Veterans and their families understand and adjust to an illness or disability
• To Veterans and family members who want to prepare advance directives and durable powers of attorney for health care or finances
• To help Veterans and their families cope with terminal illness
• To family members about legal issues such as commitment and guardianship
Counseling is conducted through:
• One-on-one discussions
• Family conferences
• Group classes
2601 Veterans Dr.
Hours of Operation
Mon thru Fri 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
First Fri every month 8:00 a.m - 1:00 p.m. and 3 - 4:30 p.m.