VA Texas Valley Coastal Bend Health Care System
The staff at the VA Texas Valley Coastal Bend Health Care System have provided a number of ways for you to learn how to live a healthy lifestyle and self-manage your own health.
The My HealtheVet site provides veterans and their families excellent, reliable patient education information as well as the latest VA News. Information about veterans benefits and services is also available.
Upon registering with My HealtheVet, you will be able to
- refill prescriptions online
- keep personal food and activity journals
- monitor your personal health data, such as blood pressure and pain levels
- maintain your own self-entered personal health record
Clinical staff provide ongoing health education during regularly scheduled outpatient clinic visits. Courses focus on
- new patient orientation
- health promotion
- upcoming tests and procedures
Staff can tell you about upcoming education classes that are available.
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), VetTV is available in all waiting areas as a tool to keep patients up to date on the latest news at the VA.